NeverBlock, MySQL and MySQLPlus

Labels: , , ,

I have great news for MySQL users. A very nice side effect has emerged from the development of the NeverBlock support for MySQL. I am glad to announce the release of a new MySQL driver for Ruby applications. It builds on top of the original Ruby MySQL driver but it comes with two notable additions:
  1. Asynchronous query processing support

  2. Threaded access support

Thanks to help from Roger Pack and Aman Gupta we were able to put the thing together that you can use and test right now (on Ruby1.8 and 1.9)


To install it please do:
sudo gem install espace-mysqlplus


Then you can use it in your code as follows:
require 'mysqlplus'
mysql = Mysql.real_connect(..)
mysql.query("select sleep(1)")


The test folder of the gem contains examples for threaded and evented implementations.

The announcement page in NeverBlock shows benchmark results for running the sleeping queries in normal(blocking), evented and threaded modes. The normal mode is 10X slower, which is normal due to its inability to run queries in parallel.

Now that Rails is becoming so-so-thread-safe this should show tremendous gains with Rails deployments that use MySQL (PostgreSQL already has such facilities).

Comments (5)

Looks like the link to github is broken.
The adapter seems to work as advertised! Nice job.
-=R

I can get twelve sky Gold cheaply,
Yesterday i want to buy 12sky goldfor my brother.
i hope him like it. i will buy twelvesky Gold for him
as birthday present. i like the 12Sky Silver Coins very much.
I usually buy 12 sky gold and keep it in my store.

I can get FFXI Gil cheaply.
Yesterday i bought FFXI goldfor my brother.
i hope him like it. i will give Final Fantasy XI gold to him
as birthday present. i like the cheap Final Fantasy XI Gold very much.
I usually buy FFXI Gil and keep it in my store.

wholesale pearl jewelry, silver

jewelry
at http://www.casijewelry.com

Do you know the cabal alz , in the game you need the cabal gold. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to buy cabal alz, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the cabal money, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the cabal online alz. I am happy with him.
Do you know the dofus kamas, in the game you need the kamas. It can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to buy dofus kamas, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy thedofus gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the cheap kamas. I am happy with him.

Scions Of Fate gold is sometimes need to pay for in this Scions of Fate game. For example in this game, we have to buy sof gold to exchange premium in order to protect our character. The only part of this game will require you to pay SOF gold but they are optional for you to choose in the premium store. One very common item bought with cheap SOF gold at the store would be a pet. The Gameim.com is offering you with Scions Of Fate money and all kinds of cheap game gold.

buy lindens is the step process and is the required step for our players have to do. I think that it is right and required, because nothing is free and in particular the cheap linden in Second Life game. You do not have to spend second life linden, you can be as solitary as you want to be too. Once you get through the orientation you will be well on your way to exploring the ways of making linden dollars. So instead I am going to give you some secondlife money and the tip of the iceberg.